Published: Wed, June 13, 2018
Sports | By Jonathan Ford

Atletico Madrid Antoine Griezmann refuses to confirm future plans

Atletico Madrid Antoine Griezmann refuses to confirm future plans

According to "Canal + France", Atletico Madrid forward Antoine Griezmann will announce on Tuesday in a press conference that he will continue with the Rojiblanco, accepting their offer to renew and turning down the chance to move to Barcelona.

Frank Leboeuf has his say about the future of Antoine Griezmann, saying he might be better suited for a move away from Spain.

The France worldwide, who is in Russian Federation for the World Cup, joined Monaco in 2015 from Caen and made his global debut in November 2016.

Earlier on Tuesday, Griezmann said he has made a decision on his future but refused to clarify where he will play next season when speaking to reporters at France's World Cup camp in Russian Federation.

"I'm very sorry but today I'm not going to give my decision", he said. I have made my choice.

France play their opening game of the tournament on Saturday against Australia.

But he finally appears to have secured his next challenge, with Atletico giving every indication they want to close the gap on LaLiga champions Barcelona next season by signing a highly rated attacker.

"However, today is not the time, nor the place, to say what it is".

Most of the Catalan's squad have commented on rumours that the star could move to the Nou Camp.

Atlético said on their website on Tuesday: "Atletico de Madrid and AS Monaco have achieved a preliminary agreement over the transfer of Thomas Lemar to our club".

Like this: