Published: Tue, March 13, 2018
People | By Neil Grant

Heavy rain and snow on the way this week

Heavy rain and snow on the way this week

Mostly cloudy, with a low around 28. Snow totals will be varying and anywhere from 1 to 6 inches. Cloudy, with a high near 34. Northeast wind around 5 miles per hour. Cloudy, with a low around 25. Northwest wind around 6 miles per hour. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible. There may still be rain sporadically through the week, but with highs in the 50s through Wednesday, little is likely to stick until possibly Wednesday night.

Meteorologist Mark Wilson said: "It's a rather cloudy and fairly tiresome start to the new working week across the United Kingdom, some showers from the word go for many areas, it could be quite heavy, so some fairly tricky conditions for the morning rush hour".

Friday night - A chance of showers. Highs will be in the 60s and southeast winds will pick up at 20 to 30 miles per hour. While no significant accumulation is expected and we should manage at least some sunshine each day, high temperatures won't do much better than 40 degrees each afternoon from Tuesday through Thursday, and west to northwest winds will remain persistently brisk around 10 to 30 miles per hour with higher gusts. There will be a 20 percent chance of rain. Chance of precipitation is 80 percent. Northwest wind 11 to 14 miles per hour.

Sunday night, there is a 60 percent chance of rain with a low of 44, according to the weather service.

Most of the snow coming in is light to moderate snow which will lay down a coating, but some brief, heavier snow showers are expected here and there which could bring an inch of snow to some spots today.

Thursday night: Partly cloudy with a low around 55. A slight mix is possible Tuesday night with lows in the low 20s.

Sunday - Partly sunny, with a high near 52.

Wednesday night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 32. The chance for showers will last into Saturday, but mostly in the mountains. Partly sunny, with a high near 59.

Like this: